Last Easter was born 'The Communion of the Easter Bun-Rabbit' when Dinah Priestley brought her five-legged bun rabbit to the malt and whisky gathering I held.
God I can't remember what I do to make those buns but it’s probably something like this
1) Into 300 mls warm water put 4 tsp sugar and 4 tsp granulated yeast.
Stir and leave to rise for 15 mins.
2) Take a large bowl and combine in it with 4 cups flour
2 Tbsp milk powder
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1 and half tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 and half tsp ginger
1 tsp mixed spice.
8 oz of currants and raisins
75 grams of mixed peel
3) Melt 60 grams butter
Add a beaten egg to this and then add the yeast mixture.
Pour this liquid into the dry ingredients bowl.
4) Knead for 10 minutes. Then rise the dough for 1 and half hours with a
gladwrap covering. Keep in warmish place.
5) Knock down and knead again for one minute. Make into rolls or fanciful creature. Allow to rise on tray for 10 minutes.
6) Cook in hot oven 220C for 15 minutes. Glaze while still hot with 1 tbsp water, 1 tbsp Honey, 1 tbsp Golden Syrup boiled together. Apply with brush while buns still hot.
Hope that is helpful
D.your cuzzie bro x