Tuesday, April 27, 2010

SHORT SECOND LIFE OF BREE TANNER
Stephenie Meyer - $26.99, HB, Atom


The first new title from Stephenie Meyer in nearly two years will be published on
Saturday 5 June 2010 at 4.05pm.

Fans of ‘The Twilight Saga’ will be enthralled by this riveting story of Bree Tanner,
a character first introduced in Eclipse, and the darker side of the newborn vampire
world she inhabits. In another irresistible combination of danger, mystery, and
romance, Stephenie Meyer tells the devastating story of Bree and the newborn army
as they prepare to close in on Bella Swan and the Cullens, following their encounter
to its unforgettable conclusion.
The character Bree not only features in the book Eclipse, but in the upcoming movie
from Summit Entertainment. ‘Stephenie was gracious enough to let me read a draft
of the novella while we were prepping the movie “The Twilight Saga: Eclipse,”’ said
Director David Slade. ‘I thoroughly enjoyed the story and it gave us great insight and
inspired location choices and the tailoring of scenes. I think fans are going to love the
fascinating details involved in the loves, fears and actions of an emerging vampire.’
In less than five years, Stephenie Meyer has become a worldwide publishing
phenomenon. In New Zealand alone sales have surpassed 400,000 copies. ‘The
Twilight Saga’s ‘ translation rights have been sold in nearly50 countries and 100
million copies have been sold worldwide.
(Note that information about The Twilight Saga: The Official Guide, including
publication date, will be released by the end of the year.)

A Message from Stephenie Meyer
from www.stepheniemeyer.com

Surprise! I have a new book coming out. It’s called The
Short Second Life of Bree Tanner
. Well, it’s more of a novella
than an actual book—my version of a short story.
Actually, this has been a surprise to me, too. The reason
why it’s a surprise was that I never intended to publish
this story as a stand-alone book. I began this story a
long time ago—before Twilight was even released. Back
then I was just editing Eclipse, and in the thick of my
vampire world. I was thinking a lot about the newborns,
imagining their side of the story, and one thing led to
another. I started writing from Bree’s perspective about
those final days, and what it was like to be a newborn.

No comments: