Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Jason Pinter - Bestselling Thriller Writer
Posted: Huffinton Post,  April 23, 2010


Why Men Don't Read: How Publishing is Alienating Half the Population

Back in 2005, while I was still working as an editor, I had an opportunity to acquire a book that I was confident would be a bestseller. The author had a huge media platform, was one of the stars on a show watched by millions of people each week, hosted his own radio show, headlined his own band, he had a fascinating life story, thousands (if not millions) of fans worldwide, and even had a degree in journalisn. Unlike many celebrity memoirs, I knew this author was passionate about his story and had the writing chops to make it a great read. The author's agent wanted, in my opinion, a reasonable advance. I had confidence that this book was low risk, very high reward. However...

Read the rest of Jason Pinter's piece at Huffington Post.

No comments: