Monday, May 24, 2010


Booklover
from the Herald on Sunday- May 23, 2010

Theresa Gattung is the former CEO of Telecom and the author of the best-selling autobiography Bird On A Wire (Random House)

The book I love most is….Margaret Attwood’s The Handmaid’s Tale. Starring Faye Dunaway and Natasha Richardson it’s also my all time favourite movie. First published in 1985 the themes are eerily contemporary. Essentially it’s a feminist vision of apocalypse.


The book I’m reading right now is..I’ve just finished Committed, the follow up to Elizabeth Gilbert’s hugely successful Eat, Pray, Love. I love her writing style and really enjoyed it.

The book that changed me is….
Eckhart Tolle’s  A New Earth. It’s the most complete and one of the best-written Mind/Body/Spirit books I’ve read and believe me that’s a genre I’ve read plenty of!  In particular I found his dissection of the difference between ego and spirit insightful and compelling.

The book I wish I’d never read…
there’s no book I wish I’d never read. I choose carefully, read reviews and once I start a book I almost always finish it.

No comments: