Raupo - $30
I remember when P.M.Ryan's first dictionary of Maori was published way back in the 1960's when I was bookselling in Napier. Since then there have been various editions until this latest
new edition which has been fully revised by the author. It features:
- More than 20,000 entries divided into Māori-English and English-Māori sections.
- The most frequently used words in both languages.
- A guide to Māori grammar and pronunciation.
- A list of common phrases in Māori.
- A map of tribal areas, helpful for understanding linguistic variations.
- Separate lists of key vocabulary and proverbs.
- Indexed pages for quick consultation.
A chunky little volume that is just the right format for the coat pocket, kete or briefcase.