Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Senior staff leave Waterstone's

The Bookseller28.06.11 | Lisa Campbell

Waterstone’s commercial director Michael Neil and operations director Roger Childs have left the bookseller today (28th June) with “immediate effect”.

Neil joined the company from book wholesaler Bertrams earlier this year and said he had “every faith” Waterstone’s would succeed under James Daunt, who is due to take up his position as m.d. on 2nd July. The HMV Group has sold Waterstone’s to Russian billionaire Alexander Mamut.
Neil said: “I have thoroughly enjoyed my time as commercial director, the team are one of the most fantastic I have ever had the pleasure and privilege of working with, and I have every faith that they will continue with their enthusiasm and drive to succeed under James Daunt. I wish everyone at Waterstone's the very best for the future."
Childs has worked for Waterstone’s for the past nine years, becoming operations director in 2010. He said: “I have been privileged to work with an incredible array of passionate, talented colleagues over the years, and will always have fond memories of my time at Waterstone's. However, after nine years of commuting I am now looking forward to finding new opportunities closer to my home in Gloucestershire."
Dominic Myers, outgoing m.d. of Waterstone's, said: "I am grateful to Roger and Michael for all they have done for the business, and I know they will be much missed by their teams and the wider industry. I wish them the very best for the future."

No comments: