Thursday, February 26, 2009


A MESSAGE OF FAREWELL FROM CHRIS BURGESS OF LEADING EDGE BOOKS

I am writing to let you know that I will be leaving Leading Edge Books in mid-April to take up a position with Allen & Unwin as Trade Sales Director. I have greatly enjoyed the last two years at Leading Edge, particularly launching Leading Edge Books in New Zealand, but I feel it is time for a change both for me and for LEB.

I am very pleased to announce that Jayne Wasmuth has been appointed to the role of General Manager, Leading Edge Books. Currently National Accounts Promotions Manager for HarperCollins Australia, Jayne has extensive experience as a bookseller, sales rep and marketing manager, having also spent five years as Marketing and Communications Manager for Booksellers New Zealand where she was integral to the development of the Montana and NZ Post book awards. I feel very confident in Jayne's abilities to take the group forward given her very broad knowledge of the trade as well as her enthusiasm and passion for books.

I will be at Leading Edge long enough to oversee the production of the first NZ catalogue and will be able to spend a few weeks 'handover time' with Jayne. I am sure many of you will get the chance to meet Jayne (if you don't know her laready!) at the Booksellers NZ conference.

I would like to thank you for your support of the group in New Zealand and look forward to staying in touch in my new role.

Best wishes,
Chris Burgess

No comments: