Thursday, September 27, 2012

Don Donovan's World - Bar, Tiglio Alto, Tuscany

Ramblings of a much published New Zealand author - 27 September 2012

Leaves From My Sketchbooks. 39. Bar, Tiglio Alto, Tuscany


It looked like an ordinary casa but as I parked the Peugeot opposite I noticed 'Bar' over the door of the cantina. I can't imagine that they'd do a roaring trade - no bingo nights or quizzes - but I daresay that there are a few random callers, either lost or curious to see this remote Apennine hamlet, to sustain a store of local reds and whites just in case.

I didn't go in. I just sat, limning, in the passenger's seat for a short time and then went on my way up the serpentine roads through the chestnut forests.

© DON DONOVAN
donovan@ihug.co.nz 
www.don-donovan.blogspot.co.nz

No comments: