Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Man Asian Literary Prize Winner Apologises - Publishers Withdraw Book

Publishers Lunch

Man Asian Literary Prize winner for the novel Please Look After Mom Shin Kyung-sook admitted that her short story "Legend," published in a 1996 collection, copies from a work by the late Yukio Mishima. "As I compared the sentences I couldn't believe it myself," she told the Kyunghyang Shinmun newspaper. "I cannot trust my own memory" about reading Mishima, she said. "I sincerely apologize to the literary writer who raised the issue as well as all my acquaintances, and above all, many readers who read my novels.... Everything is my fault." 
Changbi Publishers is removing the current edition of the story collection from the market and plans to release a new edition that omits the story in question.

No comments: