Thursday, February 28, 2013

Scholastic NZ Publishing

Many years ago, 1988 in fact, I joined Scholastic NZ, (it was called Ashton Scholastic in those days), and was charged with starting their NZ trade publishing programme. Up until then they had published only educational titles which were sold directly to primary schools. These were mainly small books known as readers and were used by the schools to supplement titles published by the Department of Education.

Today Scholastic is far and away the largest trade publisher of children's titles in New Zealand and I must say it gives me enormous pride to know that I was there at the beginning. In the mail today I have received a bundle of books from Scholastic, their March titles, and I am mightily impressed.

Below for your interest are the covers of these March titles which range from picture books through to novels for older children:










No comments: