In a letter to readers, author John Grisham suggested "10 reasons why books make the best gifts":
- Books are easier to wrap than footballs or fruit baskets.
- Books don't break.
- Once you finish with a book, it's not empty. In fact it's still full.
- No batteries or assembly needed.
- Books don't make annoying noises that alarm pets or grandparents.
- One size fits all.
- No ironing or washing or maintenance of any kind required.
- Books are non-perishable.
- There's a book for everyone, even Uncle Albert, who reads only post-modern detective westerns.
- Giving a book shows how well you know and how much you respect the recipient
Post a Comment