Wednesday, June 25, 2008


Delia's caught cheating again: The chef plans a sequel to the book that outraged food snobs
By Katie Nicholl writing in The Daily Mail.

When Delia Smith suggested using packet frozen mash and tinned mince in her latest tome, How To Cheat At Cooking, she was lambasted by food snobs.
But despite calls for her to throw in the towel, the nation’s favourite female chef is planning to release a sequel.
‘Delia saw the How To Cheat book as her comeback and because it’s been so successful, she’s writing another,’ says my source.

3 comments:

Vanda Symon said...

Dear Bookman Beattie,

This question has nothing to do with Delia, and is a bit personal, BUT, what hour do you get up in the morning? Because I see this was posted at 6.56am, and you bring us articles from all over the world, which means you've trolled the internet before you decide what to post and have probably been up for ages looking for stuff to post for your anxious and demanding readership and I'm just exhausted thinking about it!

Signed
Late Riser

Beattie's Book Blog said...

Thank you for your comments.
Most days I am at my computer by 6.30am reading the online editions of favourite overseas newspapers to see what interesting book-related stories are out there that I can post to my blog for the thousand or so visitors I get to the site most days.....
I am an early riser anyway so it is no hardship.

Vanda Symon said...

At 6.30am I'm still unconscious!

I'm very glad you make the effort, because then I have something good to look at when I drink my coffee in the morning.