In an excerpt from his updated book Jonah: My Story, All Black great Jonah Lomu explains why he's breaking his silence on the fallout with former manager Phil Kingsley Jones and why he'll never speak to him again.
 
Jonah: My Story has been updated to include Jonah's new comments.
 
One of the questions most frequently asked of me is how the relationship between me and Phil Kingsley Jones went so bad. For years I skirted around the question. For years I kept the hurt to myself and told just a few of the people closest to me what really happened. That's until Phil decided to publish his own book in 2011. Even in this original book, published back in 2004 at the time of the split, I had told the publishers that I did not want to change anything about what I had written about Phil and my relationship. As I said back then: "Why change what I have written? For 14 or 15 years this was the way it was between Phil and me. Nothing can change that." For the most part we had a great ride.
Well, things have changed now and I'm no longer prepared to hold my silence. I haven't read Phil's book and I have no intention of doing so, but I have been shown a chapter in the book called "Bust-up", which is Phil's take on how our relationship ended. The chapter concerns an article that appeared in the New Zealand Woman's Weekly shortly after Fiona and I set up house together in 2003. Phil's got it right in this chapter in as much as he believes the Woman's Weekly article is the reason for the breakdown in our relationship. It's just that Phil has got his facts slightly wrong.
More

Jonah: My Story (Updated Edition), with permission from Hachette New Zealand Ltd, published by Hodder Moa, $39.99 RRP, available nationwide today

And more here:

Extract: http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/all-blacks/9032715/Lomu-Rugby-World-Cup-almost-killed-me