Saturday, September 24, 2011

2011 Man Booker shortlist most popular ever

Man Booker Prize shortlisted novels have equalled 37,500 copies across all print editions since the shortlist was accounced, making it the most popular Booker shortlist since records began!

As published in today's bookseller.com sales of our six 2011 Man Booker Prize shortlisted novels have equalled 37,500 copies across all print editions since the shortlist was announced, making it the most popular Booker shortlist since records began! Sales of the novels are up 127% year-on-year and up 105% on the previous record (2009).

Sales since shortlist announcement:

1) Snowdrops 11,800
2) Jamrach's Menagerie 9,000
3) The Sense of an Ending 6,400
4) Pigeon English 3,900
5) The Sisters Brothers 3,500
6) Half Blood Blues 2,800

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have set myself a challenge to read the 6 - a focus as it were .
I had already read "Snowdrops" which I found intriguing and atmospheric, a little different from a straight forward crime mystery. "Pigeon English" I am enjoying but not being pulled along by the story - also has a murder as a main ingredient. I feel the narrator is standing outside the emotions or the tension somewhat bit I will finish it.
Bookbrainz