Friday, September 26, 2014

Celebrate Paula Green's A Treasury of NZ Poems for Children with three cool challenges. Perfect for the holidays.


A week today A Treasury of NZ Poems for Children (Random House) will be in bookshops (Oct 3rd).



I have set you three challenges to celebrate this (plus one coming on Publication Day).

Challenge number one: Write a poem that is inspired by another poem. See here for details. I will post favourites and have copies of the Treasury for a few (or  another book if you have it already!).
Challenge number two: Write a poem and then write that poem with surprising things in surprising places (sand, mud, window). Take a photo and send it to me. I will post them as I get them and will  have two $50 book vouchers for my favourites. See here for details.
Challenge number three: Take a photo of yourself reading a poetry book in a great place to read a poetry book. Your parent will need to send me permission so I can post it. I will try post while I am on my Hot Spot Poetry Tour of NZ  and will have two $50 book vouchers for my favourites after November 8th.

Deadline: You have until November 8th to do this but if I can (while I am on tour) I will post them as I get them. I may not be able to because I don’t have a laptop. Preferably send images as a .jpeg

Send to paulajoygreen@gmail.com
Include your name, year, age and name of school. You can include your teacher’s name and email. 
PLEASE say it’s for the Fascinating Place to Read a Poetry book challenge.



No comments: