Wednesday, April 30, 2008

O AUDACIOUS BOOK

Dear Graham

I wanted to alert you to the fact of my new blog O Audacious Book which I have started to publicise the audacious travels of my novel, The Blue.

Published in July 2007 by Penguin, The Blue is onto its second print run, but it is also literally running from one flight to another as it makes its way around the world. After an initial photo sent to me by friends of The Blue on Andros, Greece, I’ve been collecting photos from people I know and people I don’t of The Blue everywhere from Antarctica to St Mark’s Square in Venice to Stonehenge.

Here’s the link http://www.mary-mccallum.blogspot.com/

And here’s how the blog begins:

“My first novel The Blue was published in New Zealand by Penguin in July 2007. After its launch, and the customary appearances at bookshops and libraries, it left the country for places unknown.
Within weeks the first photographs started to filter back. The Blue was in Greece lapping up all that warm-as-a-cup-of-tea, bluer-than-blue sea. It was a far cry from its beginnings on Arapawa Island, New Zealand, where the taste of Antarctica is in the wind, and once upon a time men whaled and women ... waited.”

So, the first photograph is up for all to see and the story about how it came to be, and others will follow. Now I’ve entered what Rachael King refers to as ‘the blogosphere’ I also intend to write about other assertive and audacious books and writings.

Oh, and if anyone else has snapped or seen The Blue out and about, please leave a note on the blog. I’d love to know.


Mary McCallum
Author of The Blue

Bookman Beattie thinks it is a great idea for authors to promote themsleves and their books by way of their own blog. Other NZ authors who have done this include Paula Morris, Chris Bourke and Rachael King.

No comments: