Thursday, August 15, 2013

Book News from Publishers Lunch


Sergio De La Pava's A NAKED SINGULARITY, originally self-published in 2008 and then republished by the University of Chicago Press in 2012, has won the PEN/Bingham prize. (The WSJ had named it one of their 10 favorite works of fiction in 2012.) The full list of PEN Award winners is here.

In other awards news, the Morgan Library in New York City will open a Bookermania exhibition on September 13, honoring 45 years of the Booker Prize.

Stephenie Meyer talks to Variety ahead of the theatrical release of Austenland, based on Shannon Hale's novel, which Meyer's Fickle Fish Films developed and produced. Without a lot of explanation, Meyer says of Twilight, "I am so over it. For me, it's not a happy place to be." She adds, "What I would probably do is three paragraphs on my blog saying which of the characters died. I’m interested in spending time in other worlds, like Middle-Earth."

No comments: