Thursday, July 05, 2012

Inspector Morse creator Colin Dexter's letter to NZ author

On seeing my blog post about Colin Dexter's honourmuch published author/artist Don Donovan was reminded of the letter he received from Colin Dexter after he'd read Don's novel 'The Wastings' back in 2000


It reads: 

'Dear Don, 

'A very brief line to say how very much (yes!) I enjoyed and admired 'The Wastings'. So did my wife. So did my daughter. A lovely idea for a beautifully written work. (The only mistake I noticed was MacMillan - no cap please) You've made a splendid debut in crime fiction.

'More please!

'Good luck with opus secundum

'Colin Dexter.'


Don advises  'The Wastings' and 'Second Bite' ( the 'opus secundum) are available for US 99 cents from Amazon.com for tablet and Kindle readers.

No comments: