Monday, July 16, 2012

Fifty Shades of Shed - WriterJoan Druett joins the fray too


Monday, July 16, 2012

Fifty Shades of Shed

Erika Leonard (aka the author of Fifty Shades of Grey, pictured) is laughing all the way to the bank, but meantime, people are having a lot of laughs.

One is TV personality Ellen Degeneres, who has posted a YouTube spoof where she sets out to make an audio book of the publishing sensation, which has gained a LOT of hits -- well over two million, and counting.

Toby Manhire, in the upcoming New Zealand Listener (sorry, no link; you have to wait a week) reports on a Twitter spoof: @50ShedsofGrey.

Apparently, much is unpublishable, but he does quote a few gems:
"We tried various positions -- round the back, up against a wall -- but the bottom of the garden was the only place for a really good shed."
"My body writhed and quivered from the pain. I had learned my lesson. Never again would I leave an upturned plug on the shed floor."
"I lay back, exhausted, gazing happily out of the shed window. Despite my concerns about my inexperience, my rhubarb had come up a treat."

For a belly laugh, recent tweets are equally worth reading. The latest: "She gazed up at me wide-eyed from the shed floor, and bit her lip seductively. Unfortunately, it was her top lip so she looked like a piranha."
Another: "Punish me," she cried desperately. "Make me suffer like only a real man can." "Very well," I replied, leaving the toilet seat up."

For more: https://twitter.com/50shedsofgrey

Dear lord, it's putting the feminism movement back a thousand years. 

No comments: