Tuesday, October 30, 2007

TWO HEAVYWEIGHTS SQUARE OFF

Two of the top selling books in the UK when I was there a couple of weeks back were Jamie Oliver’s Jamie at Home and Nigella Express by Nigella Lawson.

Today I took my copies of both books around to Bhana Brothers, my fruit & vege shop in Ponsonby Road, and got them to weigh them for me.

Here are the results:

Nigella Express 1.524 kilos
Jamie at Home 1.402 kilos.

They are both around 400 pages in length.

If you are giving either/both for Christmas gifts this year, and they both make superb presents, better deliver them in person rather than post them!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, fascinating! I never knew I needed that information but I'm sure it will come in handy, so thanks for lugging your cook books down to Bhana Bros. So what's the price per kilo?
Lee

Anonymous said...

You are a character Bookman, what my late father would have called "a bit of a dag".
I have never thought of weighing books before. A few weeks back you carried a story about Strand Books in NY selling books by the yard, perhaps they could add to that service by also selling by the kilo, or would that be by the pound in the US?
Interesting trivia, thanks.