Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Two kitchen goddesses in one issue

In my post yesterday I should have mentioned that the October issue of The Australian Women's Weekly carries an eight page story about Annabel Langbein and her Wanaka property as well as six recipes from her latest book, Simple Pleasures.
The other goddess, Nigella Lawson has an eleven page story and excerpt from her new book, Nigellissima, along with six recipes.

Footnote:
Last night when preparing dinner I discovered I had no potatoes or kumara to go with my chicken dish so instead I made a very simple recipe from Nigellissima - cannellini beans with rosemary . Over a low heat I briefly fried (30 seconds) finely chopped rosemary, zest of a lemon and minced garlic. I then added that to the cannellini beans and hey presto a simple but delicious carbohydrate to complete my meal. I must say I am loving this new book

No comments: