Saturday, October 13, 2012

ROWLING'S 'HARRY HANGOVER'

From We Love This Book


J.K. Rowling told her audience at Cheltenham that the next book she publishes will "probably be a children's book"




To say a lot has changed since J.K. Rowling last appeared at Cheltenham Festival would be an understatement. A whopping 14 years has passed since the author who brought Harry Potter to the world was there to promote the publication of The Chamber of Secrets. She sold out the venue – a modest 160 seats – which gave a hint of what was to come for the Gloucestershire-born author. 
On 6 October 2012 she sold out 2,000 seats, leaving thousands of fans who tried to get tickets disappointed to have missed out on Rowling’s second and last promotional appearance for her first adult novel The Casual Vacancy, which came out in September to mixed reviews.


MORE >

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have twice tried to read 'A Casual Vacancy' but have failed both times. I just don't think it's very good. If it had been written by a nobody and submitted to a publisher I'm sure it would have been rejected or ignored.

Beattie's Book Blog said...

I totally disagree but then different fiction appeals to different folks. All very subjective. I think The Casual Vacancy is a superby written, wonderfully constructed novel which I couldn't put it down. It gripped me from beginning to end.