Samantha Geimer, the thirteen year-old girl who was at the center of the Roman Polanski sex scandal in 1977, has signed a book deal with Atria Books.
In her memoir, The Girl: Emerging from the Shadow of Roman Polanski, Geimer, who is now forty-seven, will tell of her experience in the scandal. The book is slated for release in Fall 2013.

“I am more than ‘Sex Victim Girl,’ a tag the media pinned on me,” Geimer in a press release. “My friends in junior high, scolded by their parents to stay away from that girl, also labeled me. I offer my story now without rage, but with purpose–to share a tale that in its detail will reclaim my identity. I have been dogged by tired thinking and easy tags nearly my entire life. I am not a stick figure. I know what it is like to be a woman and a victim in the realest possible way.”


This is not the first time that Geimer will talk about the scandal. In the 2008 documentary film Roman Polanski: Wanted and Desired, Geimer reveals details about her relationship with Polanski.