Thursday, October 04, 2012

RH buys David Jason autobiography




Random House has acquired the autobiography of actor Sir David Jason, star of series including "Only Fools and Horses" and "A Touch of Frost".
Century publishing director Ben Dunn bought world rights in the memoir from Nick Canham and Meg Poole at The Richard Stone Partnership.
Dunn said: "Like so many millions of Brits, I grew up watching and listening, laughing and crying to David's on-screen genius; from Del Boy to Dangermouse to Detective Inspector Jack Frost his canon of work is unsurpassed and I am truly honoured to be publishing a memoir that I have no doubt will be as golden as everything else he has touched."
Born in 1940, Jason started his television career in 1964 after a short stint as a trainee electrician, playing the part of Bert Bradshaw in "Crossroads". In 1967, he performed on sketch comedy series "Do Not Adjust Your Set" alongside Eric Idle, Terry Jones and Michael Palin, and went on to appear opposite Ronnie Barker in "Open All Hours" and "Porridge". Between 1981 and 2003, he starred as Derek "Del-Boy" Trotter in "Only Fools and Horses". In 1992, Jason made the move to ITV to star as Detective Inspector Jack Frost, a role that would continue for 16 years.
Jason said: "I'm delighted to have found a publisher who shares my ambition for my autobiography. Random House have shown true enthusiasm for this project from day one and I can't wait to work with Ben and his team . . . This book will be an opportunity for me to share the journey through my life and career with the people who have been most generous with their support and kindness—the Great British public."
Century will publish as a hardback in autumn 2014, with an Arrow paperback the following year.




No comments: