Tuesday, March 03, 2015

The Tuesday Poem



This week's Tuesday Poem, selected by Jennifer Compton, is 'A lyrebird' by Australian poet Michael Farrell, which she discovered in The Best Australian Poems 2014: 


 Jennifer says of Michael: 'Michael Farrell is the poet to watch here in Australia. His technical accomplishment leaves me weak at the knees. His cheek (which approaches chutzpah) is so very Australian. Again and again in recent years I have read poems of his that drive a stake into the red heart of Australia. He is a poet and a half!'

I hope you'll all enjoy it.


Also, there's currently no one down as editor for next week, or three weeks from now. It would be great if someone could step in for both of those dates. Either pop yourself on the list, or email me and let me know, and I'll pop you in: 

No comments: