Friday, March 06, 2015

Book about Bain killings withdrawn

By Hamish McNeilly on Fri, 6 Mar 2015 - Otago Daily Times

Michael Sharp, of Palmerston North, wrote and self-published The Bain Killings Whodunnit?, which was being sold by the University Book Shop and online.

His 200-page book was withdrawn from sale this week, after he received an email from manager Phillippa Duffy.

''Due to concerns over legal aspects of your book, I have withdrawn them from sale and am awaiting legal advice,'' she said.

Ms Duffy could not be reached for comment yesterday. 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am the author of that book. A Christchurch book shop that was selling it was advised by a David Bain supporter that I had breached a suppression order by referring to witness Marcelle Nader-Turner . I employed the services of a lawyer and he has written to that book shop advising them that there was no suppression order relating to Nader-Turner [that cost me $1700, I might add.] That book shop now has my book on it's shelves again.

Anonymous said...

Which shops in Christchurch stock your book?

Unknown said...

Scorpio Books.