Monday, May 23, 2011

Staying in Sydney ? Watch those hotel WiFi charges !


In Sydney last week for the Writers Festival I stayed at the classy very comfortable, centrally located Westin Hotel in Martin Place. Everything about this place was fine EXCEPT that for four days use of the Internet in my room (blogging) they charged me A$98 ! On my previous visit I stayed at The Four Seasons Hotel where prices were similarly exorbitant.

Next time I'll be staying at the Shangri La Hotel where every room has free WiFi.

1 comment:

Doris Mousdale said...

This is why Starbucks is so popular, rubbish coffee but great internet access

Try leaving your laptop plugged in over night in a smart hotel in Frankfurt and see the eyewatering charges that result of not logging out and switching off. Even small boutique hotels in Shanghai have free internet access in all rooms, gone are the days of prowling the hotel in the early hours of the morning looking for the business centre to send a fax to New Zealand.