Sunday, May 29, 2011

Rob Lowe brings Hollywood glamour to Hay Festival

Hollywood came to Hay-on-Wye on Saturday night as actor Rob Lowe arrived at the festival to shrieks of "I love you Rob"


American actor Rob Lowe and journalist Mariella Frostrup on day three of The Telegraph Hay Festival in Hay-on-Wye 

The biggest cheer came when he admitted that he would consider pursuing a career in politics - having been asked if he intended to follow in Arnold Schwarzenegger's footsteps.

Lowe said: "People have started to ask me about that and I do have an interest in service.
"I love my country, and at some point in my life, I would like to serve. My experience of politicians is that people who serve are doing it for the right reasons. There are, however, idiots in both parties [Democrats and Republicans]."


Lowe, the star of films including The Outsiders and St Elmo's Fire, discussed his career and his new autobiography, Stories I Only Tell My Friends.
He said that his role as the White House spin doctor Sam Seaborn in the hit television show The West Wing, starring opposite Martin Sheen from 1999 to 2003, had given him a taste for politics.


More at The Telegraph.
And an interview at The Telegraph

Footnote:
Coincidentally Random House released this title in NZ on Friday (Bantam Press - $39.99) and I have just started reading it.
I see it is currently at #4 on the US best-seller non-fiction list.

No comments: