Monday, September 02, 2013

This Week on Poetry Box and a Bird-Poem Competition


Happy Spring!
This week on Poetry Box we will explore Bird poems with a bit of Spring thrown in.
On Monday there will be a new competition (bird poems) and I will post the results of the story-poem competition, on Tuesday I will give you tips for the bird-poem competition, on Wednesday some starting points for bird poems, on Thursday I will post an interview with the fabulous Joy Cowley and on Friday we will have some Spring poetry play and a weekend challenge
 The Bird-Poem Competition
Write a poem about a bird. Instead of taking a photo of a bird, I want you take a poem of a bird! I will give you lots of tips tomorrow.
You have until Wednesday 25th Spetember to do this competition. I will post the winner and my favourites on Thursday 26th. Send to paulajoygreen@gmail.comPlease include your name, age, year and name of school. Include your teacher’s name and email too please.
For the rest of the post go to  http://nzpoetrybox.wordpress.com
Paula Green, PO Box 95078, Swanson, Waitakere 0653 Auckland

No comments: