Thursday, February 14, 2013
Discworld: The Ankh-Morpork Map for iPad - TERRY PRATCHETT
The first ever official Discworld app and the first ever living, breathing map of an entire fantasy city.
“The definitive app for anyone who wants Ankh-Morpork at their fingertips. Just remember to wash your hands afterwards!” - Terry Pratchett
Transworld Publishers presents Discworld: The Ankh-Morpork Map, a one of a kind app. The first app to accurately portray a living, breathing map of an entire fantasy city with over 2,000 locations and landmarks highlighted on two beautifully illustrated maps.
· Two beautiful hand-drawn maps of Ankh-Morpork - with over 1,500 residents wandering the streets and a detailed street map.
· Information on over 2,000 businesses, services and landmarks, with illustrations and quotes from the novels.
· A newly created dynamic panning soundscape that matches the atmosphere of a city at work.
· Animated Discworld characters to discover as they walk the city’s streets.
· A fully searchable city directory and street index.
· Guided walking tours of famous landmarks, narrated by Blackadder’s Helen Atkinson-Wood.
· Achievement tracking in Game Center which can be shared through social media.
· Features all the text from the book The Compleat Ankh-Morpork plus exclusive new illustrations, animations, audio and video.
Terry Pratchett is the acclaimed creator of the global bestselling Discworld series, the first of which, The Colour of Magic, was published in 1983. In all, he is the author of fifty bestselling books. His novels have been widely adapted for stage and screen, and he is the winner of multiple prizes, including the Carnegie Medal, as well as being awarded a knighthood for services to literature. Worldwide sales of his books now stand at 80 million, and they have been translated into thirty-seven languages.
Agant is the award-winning app development agency behind UK Train Times, Timeline World War 2 and Explore Shakespeare. In addition to Ankh-Morpork, Agant has created official apps for QI, Arsenal FC, Ottolenghi and The Great British Bake Off. Their Malcolm Tucker app was the first app ever to be nominated for a TV BAFTA.