Monday, October 03, 2011

Trees of New Zealand

Stories of Beauty and Character
by Peter Janssen, photographs by Mike Hollman
Hodder Moa - RRP $69.99
A gorgeous coffee table book that offers individual portraits of some of New Zealand’s most remarkable trees. This is a new kind of tree book, not a guide to species or simply a photographic study; it is a collection of individual portraits of the most remarkable trees in New Zealand, it is a tree book with a difference. A coffee table book for the bach.
 Mysterious and awe-inspiring, these mighty and often sacred trees have fascinating lives and histories — many have been around for hundreds of years, some for thousands. Their stories, with trees located from Cape Reinga to Bluff, are well told by publishing exec/NZ travel writer Peter Janssen while travel and landscape photographer Mike Hollman’s beautiful photographs make these trees come alive and highlight the gorgeous landscapes that often surround them. Some examples appear below.




1 comment:

Kristen said...

I really enjoy the beauty of nature. I'm a nature lover and during weekends I really go outdoor activities such as mountain climbing, river rafting and camping. This is my way of managing stress. during my outdoor activities, I always bring my camera to capture every wonderful scenery of nature.