Tim Jones is a Wellington-based poet and author who won the New Zealand Society of Authors Janet Frame Memorial Award for Literature in 2010. He'll be reading from his new collection "Men Briefly Explained".
Tim Jones says: "This brief explanation of men is good for everybody. It helps men's partners who struggle to understand what motivates these mysterious beings. And it helps men themselves, who can give their partners this collection as a present and hope to avoid further explanations."
Keith Westwater is bringing his debut collection "Tongues of Ash" to town. "Tongues of Ash" won "Best First Book" in the 2011 IP Picks competition. Keith was the only New Zealand winner in this annual competition.
Keith Westwater says "Themes in Tongues of Ash relate to the physical world, place and memories of place, identity, the effects of colonisation on the environment, Maori values in relation to the land, and the concept of 'home'. A map of New Zealand places referred to in the poems is included."
Dr David Reiter will officially launch these two books and read from his recent collection "Nullarbor Song Cycle" and his new book "My Planets".
The tour dates are:
- Dunedin: Tuesday, 25 October, Circadian Rhythm Café, 72 St Andrew Street, 8pm
- Christchurch: Wednesday, 26 October, CPIT, Madras Street, 5:30pm
- Wellington: Thursday, 27 October, Wellington Central Library, 5:30 for 6pm
- Lower Hutt: Friday, 28 October, Rona Gallery/Bookshop, Eastbourne, 6pm
- Auckland: Tuesday 1 November, Poetry Live, Thirsty Dog, 469 Karangahape Road, 8pm
Tim Jones: email email@example.com, phone 027 359 0293
Keith Westwater: email firstname.lastname@example.org, phone 021 461 588