Friday, April 16, 2010

OPRAH
Kitty Kelley
Allen & Unwin - NZ$39.99

This title was under a strict embargo until publication date, 16 April, and so my review copy , which arrived by courier Friday morning, was immeditely opened and I quickly read the most interesting six page author's Foreword ,and the first seven chapters, and I have to say it is absolutely riveting.

I have now put it aside for weekend reading but it is clearly going to cause a real stir and you can expect it to quickly become number one on the New York Times best-seller list.
I note the New Zealand Herald are running a lead feature on it in Review in their big Weekend Edition and Kim Hill is interviewing Kitty Kelley for the first hour of her Saturday morning show on Radio NZ National. Within 12 hours of publication there were more than 1300 Google entries.Expect that number to increase hugely once more have read the book.

No comments: