Wednesday, April 21, 2010

PRESS RELEASE

Transworld Publishers are delighted to announce the acquisition of Susan Boyle’s memoir, The Woman I Was Born to Be, for publication in autumn 2010.

One year ago, a modest middle-aged woman from a village in Scotland was catapulted to global fame when the YouTube video of her audition for Britain’s Got Talent touched the hearts of millions all over the world. 

From singing karaoke in local pubs to live performance in Japan’s famous Budokan Arena, Susan Boyle became an international superstar with her record-breaking first album. 

This astonishing transformation has not always been easy for Susan, faced with all the trappings of celebrity, but in the whirlwind of attention and expectation, she has always found calm and clarity in music.  Susan was born to sing.

Now, for the first time, Susan tells the story of her life and the challenges she has struggled to overcome with faith, fortitude and an unfailing sense of humour.  She says:

‘When I strutted onto the stage for that audition, I was a scared wee lassie, still grieving for my mother, not caring how I looked.   I think I’ve grown up a lot in the last year, become more of a lady, and I’m not so frightened anymore.  I’m writing this book to try to show that you shouldn’t judge a book by its cover, and I hope it will benefit other people.  My story demonstrates that you shouldn’t just look at the label, you should look at the whole person, emotionally, physically, mentally and spiritually, and I hope that telling it will show that dreams are not impossible, if you’ve got courage and a willingness to go on no matter what the circumstances.’

Transworld has acquired UK and Commonwealth rights from Mark Lucas at Lucas Alexander Whitley. US rights have been sold to Atria by Richard Pine of Inkwell Management.

No comments: