Thursday, September 11, 2008

MAN BOOKER PRIZE SHORTLIST
MY READING LIST

There are three titles on the shortlist that I haven't read. Tha's not too bad I thought, then I picked them up and had a look at them:

SEA OF POPPIES - Amitav Ghosh - John Murray - NZ$$38.99 - 472 pages



A FRACTION OF THE WHOLE - Steve Toltz - Hamish Hamilton - NZ$40 - 712 pages




THE NORTHERN CLEMENCY - Philip Hensher - Fourth Estate - NZ$34.99 - 740 pages


That is a total of 1924 pages, so with most novels coming in around the 300 page mark that is the equivaent of six average size novels. Oh gawd. And I have a month to read them. Trouble is I have review commitments to Radio NZ and the Sunday Star Times that must take priority and of course I already have small mountain of books in my office to read and review on this blog.

Looks like some late nights coming up, and a curtailment of social activities. Just as well I'm not a major television viewer. My watching is pretty much confined to the news each evening.

No comments: