Wednesday, April 04, 2007


THE TEN BEST WINE BOOKS


Just in case you missed it, this list from The Independent.


Not surprising at all that Jancis Robinson with The Oxford Companion to Wine fills the number one spot.

I'm pleased to say that I own the titles that come in at 1, 4 and 5 on the list.
No NZ entries but then the compiler, Williamson Moore, is writing this for a UK market so I guess that is not surprising.

I would definitely include Michael Cooper's The Wines and Vineyards of New Zealand in my top ten. I own all the editions of this book published thus far.
For my money Cooper is the most outstanding wine writer in New Zealand. His judgement and total independence are without peer.

1 comment:

Jeff G said...

I totally agree with your comments re Michael Cooper.
His "Buyers Guide to NZ Wines" should be the bible for all serious NZ wine buyers