Friday, November 01, 2013

News from the AWRF - BOOKER PRIZE-WINNER ELEANOR CATTON TO APPEAR IN MAY

BOOKER PRIZE-WINNER ELEANOR CATTON TO APPEAR IN MAY
 

The Festival is delighted to confirm that author Eleanor Catton of the Man Booker Prize-winning The Luminaries will appear at the Festival in May.


She comments on the setting for her award-winning novel, “Growing up in Christchurch I made the trip over the pass at least a couple of times a year, usually to go tramping with my family. When I was a teenager my father and I cycled to the Coast and back on a tandem, going west over the Lewis Pass and coming back over Arthur's in a loop. I half-dreamed a gold rush story on that trip, and it stayed in the back of my mind as a fictional possibility ever since”.

Below:  Eleanor Catton

No comments: