Wednesday, November 27, 2013

New things from Sarah Maxey, Graphic Artist



 




Introducing Long Face Press

Long Face Press is my new book publishing imprint. The name is inspired by my favourite joke (horse walks into a bar, bartender says ‘why the long face?’).  LFP is a tiny operation. I’ve published just four books so far, little artist’s books of 16 pages each, indigo printed on Munken Pure Cream paper in a numbered edition of 50 each, with handsewn spines. You can buy them here. But be quick, stocks are dwindling!

ABOVE: World Animal Vol. 1, photographs by me and Ben Waddington. This is the first collection of our images of animal simulacra found in the landscape. Note how I've cunningly left room for a sequel. There will be one, oh yes there will.

ABOVE: Endnotes, a collection of typographic drawings onto old endpapers

ABOVE: Come Back, the monumental letters that I designed and painted onto the wall of the Sarjeant Gallery in Whanganui in December 2012, reproduced here in miniature.

Introducing Calligram

While you’re there looking at my Long Face Press books, check out my brand new stationery imprint, Calligram, and typographic prints, letterpress printed by the wonderful Shona Gow at Magpie Press in Auckland.


That’s it for now. Until next time, x Sarah

No comments: