Sunday, November 17, 2013

James Patterson - the world's best-selling thriller writer

And of course the world's highest earning author.
This man is prolific but he co-authors a lot of titles which means that he has multiple books published each year. I think he is a really decent bloke; he has a real passion about encouraging children to read and earlier this year he put up a million US dollars towards that cause. 

 I am a big fan of his Alex Cross novels which we are told that "sell by the truckload".  I have just read the latest, Cross My Heart, a novel I could hardly put down such was the suspension but when I reached the end I was stunned and disappointed to find that really the story did not end. It was like part one of a serial! No James that is totally unfair. Do I now have to wait around for 12 months to find out what happens?



No comments: