Friday, November 08, 2013

Booksellers Say 'No' to Amazon

PW

The fact that indie booksellers in the U.S. can now sell Kindles under a new Amazon program, Amazon Source, doesn’t necessarily mean they want to.


“At first glance, this looks like a Faustian bargain,” says Bradley Graham, co-owner of Politics & Prose Bookstore in Washington, D.C. Others, like Matt Norcross, co-owner of McLean & Eakin in Petoskey, Mich., says simply, “No thanks.” 
more »


and from The Bookseller


» Kindle qualmsIndependent booksellers in the UK and US have offered something of a shrug in response to Amazon's new venture Amazon Source, a retail deal which allows them to stock Kindle devices. Sheila O’Reilly, owner of Dulwich Books in London, said: “I think I would search my heart and find that morally I just couldn’t stock the Kindle." US bookseller Susanna Hermans added: "Sorry, Jeff. I'm not buying it." Others have 

No comments: