The blog will be a meeting place for children, teachers, parents, writers and readers who love reading and writing poetry for children.

For the next two years I will dedicate myself to poetry for children. I will be busy editing an anthology of poems for children, writing poems, visiting schools, organising events, sharing information.

I will post poems by children each week.
I will stage a competition once a month.
I will post poetry tips and poetry challenges each week.
I am happy to post children’s letters about poetry.
I am happy to be interviewed by children.
I will talk about children’s poetry books I love (old and new).
I will post some of my own poems for children.
I will post details of New Zealand poetry events for children.
I will interview authors who write poetry for children.

ps A big THANK YOU to Sarah Laing for designing the gorgeous header and to Random House.