Mitch Winehouse, the father of the late pop singer Amy Winehouse, will write a memoir about his daughter’s life. HarperCollins imprint It Books will publish Amy: My Daughter in the summer of 2012.
Winehouse released this statement: “I feel that I need to write this book to tell the true story of Amy and to help with my personal recovery. I also want to raise as much money as possible for Amy’s foundation, so all proceeds from the book will go directly to help children who are disadvantaged through illness and substance addiction. I believe that, through Amy’s music, her foundation, and this book, her name will live forever.”
Winehouse will donate all proceeds from the book to the Amy Winehouse Foundation, a charity that he has founded in his duaghter’s name to help disadvantaged children in poor health who struggle with addiction. (Via BBC.com).