New York Knicks captain Amar’e Stoudemire has inked a deal with Scholastic to pen a middle-grade series called STAT: Standing Tall And Talented. The first book in the series is slated for release in August 2012 with the second and third books to follow in October 2012 and January 2013.
STAT #1: Home Court, will star 11-year-old Amar’e Stoudemire, dealing with sports, bullying and discovering one’s passion. Publisher Debra Dorfman negotiated the deal with Happy Walters from Rogue Sports Agency, Aaron Spiewak from Designers Management Agency and Cathy Hemming from McCormick & Williams Agency.
Stoudemire (pictured, via) had this statement in the release: ”I decided to write for children because although I am an avid reader now, I wish I had read more as a child. I hope that together with Scholastic, we can creatively inspire a new generation to read.”