Thursday, January 09, 2014

Stylish Bookmarks Featuring Famous Female Authors

By Michelle Dean on

Stylish Bookmarks Featuring Famous Female AuthorsThis idea of reading only women for awhile, as a way to balance out gender inequity in the literary world, has been around for quite some time. I started doing it years ago, in college, when I noticed that all the books I was reading were by men.
I no longer adhere to such a hard-and-fast rule, but it has inflected my reading life ever since. I don’t know about you, but I picture a reading life to be a kind of scavenger hunt, like, one clue in one book leads to another. 
And because I spent a little time focusing on women, I was led to other books by women more or less by osmosis. It stopped being something I had to deliberately seek out. … Read More

No comments: