Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Book Chat in Christchurch - Te Tai Tamariki

 
 
BOOK CHAT      -  WEDNESDAY 17 APRIL              
 
 
The next Book Chat is being held at Children's Bookshop on Wednesday 17 April at 6:30 p.m.
 
THEME:  ANZAC and WAR
 
Bring along any picture books and/or novels that you have used with your class/or read.
 
Currently I am reading:- 
 
"When Empire Calls" by Ken Catran   (Thank you Trevor Agnew - who was so enthusiastic about this title - lives up to the verbal reviews - glad that I've read this one) - This book featured in our very first BookChat, but sits well with this topic too.
 
"My Brother's War" by David Hill  (Contrasts the viewpoints of two brothers)
 
PLUS I'll bring some picture books that I've used in the classroom at Year 7/8 level that proved to grab the interest of students.
 
Looking forward to hearing about other titles on this theme.  All participants have the opportunity to share picture books and novels - PLEASE BRING SOME TITLES ALONG WITH YOU TO SHARE.
 
Last time, I came away all enthusiastic about Fairytales and versions available that meant raiding the school library and adding to my reading list.
 
Best Regards,   Cilla Clements
 
 

No comments: