Saturday, December 15, 2012

Willie Nelson interview: Don't fret about the end of the world


Willie Nelson tells Martin Chilton about his new book as he talks about President Obama, and about the end of the world.

Willie Nelson

Willie Nelson Photo: ID Communications
If there's one soothing voice you want talking to you about the end of the world, then I guess country singer Willie Nelson will do fine. But it's just one of the odd subjects of an enjoyably eccentric conversation with one of America's finest musicians.
Nelson is still touring with a prodigious schedule, and has just published a memoir with the witty title Roll Me Up And Smoke Me When I Die. The book went straight into the New York Times bestsellers list.
The 79-year-old seems to be in good shape. Nelson says: "I have always been interested in keeping fit and doing boxing and wrestling. As a youngster, I loved Charles Atlas, Bruce Lee and Kung Fu. But when I lived in Nashville I switched to doing Taekwondo. Last year, at the age of 78, I got my second degree black belt. And singing is the best exercise - two hours a day will keep you in pretty good shape. I think it's very important to learn from your own body. It doesn't lie to you. If it feels good, do it. If it don't feel good, don't do it."

Full interview at The Telegraph

No comments: