Brandon Stanton, the photographer behind the “Humans of New York” (HONY) blog, has landed a book deal with two Macmillan imprints.

St. Martin’s Press will release the The Humans of New York Book in October 2013. Farrar, Straus & Giroux Books for Young Readers will release the HONY book for kids in spring 2014. Stanton has taken almost 5,000 photographic portraits and written 50 stories. Follow this link to view a video that profiles the HONY blog.

Here’s more about the blog: “HONY resulted from an idea that I had to construct a photographic census of New York City. I thought it would be really cool to create an exhaustive catalogue of the city’s inhabitants, so I set out to photograph 10,000 New Yorkers and plot their photos on a map. I worked for several months with this goal in mind. But somewhere along the way, HONY began to take on a much different character. I started collecting quotes and short stories from the people I met, and began including these snippets alongside the photographs.”