Sunday, November 18, 2012

Paula Morris reports from the UK



My novel RANGATIRA has had a good year: it won the fiction category of the 2012 New Zealand Post Book Awards, and the fiction category of the 2012 Nga Kupu Ora Maori Book Awards. This week, thanks to nominations from the Auckland and Wellington Public Libraries, it was longlisted for the 2013 International IMPAC Dublin Literary Award. More info here: http://www.impacdublinaward.ie/nominees/rangatira/

Although RANGATIRA is still in search of a UK publisher, it's had a flying start in Germany, Austria and Switzerland, where it was published in September by Walde+Graf/Aufbau. I was in Frankfurt in June and again in October (for the Book Fair, where New Zealand was Guest of Honour), in Hamburg in July, in Berlin and Cologne in September, and in Switzerland in October, doing lots of press, readings and festival appearances. I wrote a series of blog posts about it all for the Frankfurt Book Fair between July and October, and they're collected here: http://blog.book-fair.com/author/paulamorris/

My third YA novel, UNBROKEN, will be published by Point/Scholastic US in February (in hard cover and as an e-book), but it's already available in a special paperback edition in the US through Scholastic Book Fairs.  UNBROKEN is a sequel to RUINED, and is set in New Orleans and New York. http://www.amazon.com/Unbroken-Ruined-Novel-Paula-Morris/dp/0545416418

I recently updated both my web site (www.paula-morris.com), though I've been neglecting my blog (trendybutcasual.typepad.com), I'm ashamed to say - once I've finished the latest round of assignment marking, I'll be writing a new post.

Moving news: I've accepted a new position as Fiction Writer-in-Residence at the University of Sheffield in England, so Tom and I will be moving south in the new year. I'm hoping this new (part-time) job will give me MUCH more time for writing.

Photo of Paula Morris above by Mike Brooke,

No comments: