Friday, July 29, 2011

THE BOOKMAN SUCCUMBS IN STUNNING PARIS BOOKSTORE

Today in Paris en route to WH Smith's large shop on the rue de Rivoli, a street to be largely avoided in my opinion, I stumbled upon Galignani Bookseller. What a truly wonderful place. How is it that on my previous visits I have missed it?
Two hours later I emerged with six books under my arm! Having promised myself I wouldn't buy any. Oh well off to La Poste I go..............
Have a look at the pics below, it will give you some idea of my temptation; NZ readers will understand when I say this store is like a giant version of Unity Books.






Check them out at their website - www.galignani.com

And when you are in Paris be sure to visit them at
224 Rue De Rivoli, Paris, 1st.

galignani@galignani.com

3 comments:

Vanda Symon said...

Great to see how strong willed you are (-;

Penny said...

I thought it was summer over there, GB. And yet you're all rugged up with hat and scarf ... is it cold??

maggie@at-the-bay.com said...

You're having way too much fun in bookshops Graham - see what you mean about the English/French version of Unity.