Thursday, January 14, 2010


Publishing Expats: Working in France, Germany, Estonia and Ireland
By Siobhan O'Leary in Publishing Perpectives

Some do it for love. Others for adventure. Many just want a simple change of pace. Moving abroad has its clear advantages and can be rife with challenges, but in the past decade, a number of Americans in publishing have been unable to resist the siren song of the expat lifestyle and have moved to Europe -- to countries as wide-ranging as Ireland and Estonia. The key to their success: flexibility.

(read on ...)

What Advice Do You Have for Working in Publishing Abroad?
By Edward Nawotka

When I lived in Dublin in the early 1990s, I helped launch a short-lived literary magazine called The Temple Bar Review. It was a fun gig, but not one that would allow me to stay in the country. For that, I needed a real job -- one that would force me to pay taxes -- and would offer me the opportunity to get a Visa. I ended up as an advertising copywriter for Ogilvy & Mather. For me, it took a bit of luck:

(read on ...)

No comments: